Create a New Account get a $5 credit
Toll Free: 800-417-7821

Wine from Corbieres

Filter 
Wine from Corbieres

Corbieres is one of the largest appellations in France and is divided into eleven territories including Lezignan, Boutenac, Sigean, and Lagrasse. These terroirs mainly produce red wines with 50% of the wine being made from Carignan grapes. These red wines are spicy and rich with full body, and fruit flavors. Previously, Corbieres was known for uncomplicated and cheap red wines. The best wine produced in the region can now hold their own with classic French vintages from Burgundy and Bordeaux. The arid region has been growing grapes since Roman times and at the height of summer, the deep black vine stocks still manage to conserve their parasols of lush green leaves by drawing water underground and shading the bunches of ripening grapes beneath. Cypress trees provide shade and windbreak. Soils can differ from one hillside to the next, which results in a diversity of wines. 80% of wines produced in Corbieres are red with the remaining 20% split between rose and white. Because of the geography and size, Corbieres has a huge range of microclimates and soil types.

Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)
Sort By:
Show:Products per page
Display: List / Grid
Castelmaure Col des Vents Corbieres 2018

Castelmaure Col des Vents Corbieres is made from 50% Carignan, 35% Grenache, 15% Syrah.
Brambly berry, cherry and raspberry, spices, black pepper … all are present in this authentic French country wine. There are also some aromas of Garrigue (Rosemary, thyme and lavender) giving a minty, herbal notes, that are quite refreshing as well. The wine is a perfect match with a nice rosemary marinated roasted lamb. 

Castelmaure Grande Cuvee Corbieres Rouge 2017

Castelmaure Grande Cuvee Corbieres Rouge is made from 50% Grenache (30 year old) and 50% Syrah (30 year old).

In the early 1990’s, Castelmaure began experimenting with a Prestige Cuvée of Corbières.  This wine has become known as “Grande Cuvée” and is made with the help of the winemaking team of Tardieu-Laurent.

Vinification: destemming, pneumatic press, end of fermentation at 25 degrees C; two racking; aging in tank then in 220 Liter Bordeaux barrels for 10-12 months. Egg fining, slight filtration..

Deep and intense color, powerful aromas of dark berry fruit, prune and coffee nuances, and a persistent finish.

Vineyards: planted on 50% Schist and 50% limestone soils.


Reviews:

GOLD MEDAL - 2019 Concours Paris

Cote 125 Corbieres Rouge 2017

50% Carignan, 35% Grenache, 15% Syrah.
Brambly berry, cherry and raspberry, spices, black pepper … all are present in this authentic French country wine. There are also some aromas of Garrigue (Rosemary, thyme and lavender) giving a minty, herbal notes, that are quite refreshing as well. The wine is a perfect match with a nice rosemary marinated roasted lamb.

Rubus Vin-Gris Rose 2018

Rubus Vin-Gris Rose is made from 80% Grenache, 10% Carignan, 10% Cinsault

Pale pink rose color, a classic gris de gris wine with salmon hues. Delicate strawberry nose, seamless and fine pointed.

For this special project, the producer had to focus on the pruning technique, ploughing, lowering the yields, sorting the grapes, selecting the tanks, with a permanent focus on the respect of the environment.

All the grapes were harvested by hand. In the cellar, vats hygiene, temperature control, ultramodern pressing contribute to a better expression of the terroir.

Enjoy as an aperitif or with grilled fish, shellfish and appetizers.

Rubus Vin-Gris Rose 2019

Rubus Vin-Gris Rose is made from 80% Grenache, 10% Carignan, 10% Cinsault

Pale pink rose color, a classic gris de gris wine with salmon hues. Delicate strawberry nose, seamless and fine pointed.

For this special project, the producer had to focus on the pruning technique, ploughing, lowering the yields, sorting the grapes, selecting the tanks, with a permanent focus on the respect of the environment.

All the grapes were harvested by hand. In the cellar, vats hygiene, temperature control, ultramodern pressing contribute to a better expression of the terroir.

Enjoy as an aperitif or with grilled fish, shellfish and appetizers.

Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)
  • back