Create a New Account get a $5 credit
Toll Free: 800-417-7821

Maipe Sauvignon Blanc 2013

ID No: 442003
Country:Argentina
Region:Mendoza
Grape Type:Sauvignon Blanc
Winery:Maipe
Try these Similar In Stock Wines
Maipe Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2014

Maipe Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is 100 percent Cabernet.

A ripe, fleshy style, with blackberry and fig sauce notes laced with bittersweet Grenache. Powerful and layered, with classic Cabernet aromatics. Dark and ripe, with a nice loamy edge lurking on the finish.

70% of the resulting wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to fully reveal the character of the Andean terroir, and the remaining 30% is aged in concrete vats.

The grapes are carefully chosen and fermented in small lots to preserve the vineyard identity.

Alcoholic fermentation for 10 days with indigenous and selected yeasts, at temperatures of 26 and 30°C, combining, remontage, pigage and delestage in order to obtain the best quality of tannins and structure.

 


Review:

"Fascinating aromas of dark berry, dried flower and fresh herb. Full body, tight and ripe fruit and a juicy finish. Very pretty length and firmness. Drink or hold."
- James Suckling (May 23rd 2016), 92 pts

 92 Points
Maipe Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2015

Maipe Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is 100 percent Cabernet.

A ripe, fleshy style, with blackberry and fig sauce notes laced with bittersweet Grenache. Powerful and layered, with classic Cabernet aromatics. Dark and ripe, with a nice loamy edge lurking on the finish.

70% of the resulting wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to fully reveal the character of the Andean terroir, and the remaining 30% is aged in concrete vats.

The grapes are carefully chosen and fermented in small lots to preserve the vineyard identity.

Alcoholic fermentation for 10 days with indigenous and selected yeasts, at temperatures of 26 and 30°C, combining, remontage, pigage and delestage in order to obtain the best quality of tannins and structure.

 


Maipe Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2016

Maipe Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is 100 percent Cabernet.

A ripe, fleshy style, with blackberry and fig sauce notes laced with bittersweet Grenache. Powerful and layered, with classic Cabernet aromatics. Dark and ripe, with a nice loamy edge lurking on the finish.

70% of the resulting wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to fully reveal the character of the Andean terroir, and the remaining 30% is aged in concrete vats.

The grapes are carefully chosen and fermented in small lots to preserve the vineyard identity.

Alcoholic fermentation for 10 days with indigenous and selected yeasts, at temperatures of 26 and 30°C, combining, remontage, pigage and delestage in order to obtain the best quality of tannins and structure.

 


Product Description

Maipe Sauvignon Blanc 2013 is made from 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Manual harvest.
5 year old vines.
6 hour maceration on skins in temperature controlled steel vats; fermentation with selected yeasts at 13°-15°C

Yellow color with green hints.
Expressive wine, fresh, very aromatic. 
This Sauvignon Blanc displays grapefruit flavors, with hints of melon and honey. It finishes with bracing acidity and fresh mouth feels that make it a terrific aperitif and an excellent accompaniment to virtually all seafood, especially shellfish.

"Filled with notes of honeyed grapefruit, honeydew melon, and figs, it is a light to medium-bodied, fresh, lively Sauvignon Blanc that has significantly more character than one would expect in a $13 wine. It, too, should be drunk over the next year."

Winery: Maipe

The Maipe Estate

Looking for Chakana's other labels?

Click below:

Chakana

Nuna

Ayni

Cueva de las Manos


Maipe was the Lord of the Winds for the ancient Andean people.  Argentineans still invoke his name to clear the skies after a heavy rain or to temper the summer heat.  These wines, children of the Sun and the Winds, are produced from grapes grown at the foothills of the Andes Mountains at an altitude of 3,000 feet above sea level.  The intense color and aromas capture the expression of the soils that gave them birth.

Maipe is produced in a state-of-the-art winery, Chakana, built with the purpose of achieving outstanding quality.

Chakana winery was founded by Juan Pelizzatti on May 2nd, 2002. Juan was driven to enter the wine industry first and foremost by his passion for wine, and also by the desire to invest his time and money on a product of agriculture. Although Juan did not know it at the time, the company was founded on the same day the Chakana was celebrated on the Andes highlands: on that same day, the Southern Cross (the Chakana for the Inca people) becomes vertical in the night Andean sky.
Juan's mission is to create an integral experience to introduce world consumers to the taste and culture of the Andes. His vision is to become one of the top 20 exporters of wine from Argentina, by consistently offering outstanding value for money.

Wine is currently produced in four different levels at Chakana, by winemaker Gabriel Bloise:
          Entry Level: Maipe
          Reserve Level: Maipe Reserve, Cueva de las Manos, Nuna
          Estate Selection
          Ayni


 The winemaking process is focused on treating the grapes with great care and with strict control of every step of the production.
Wines are designed under the responsibility of the renowned international wine consultant Alberto Antonini.
The winery is located on a 150 ha. estate, 34 km South of the city of Mendoza, in Agrelo, Lujan de Cuyo.
The grapes grown are 35 year-old Malbec, Bonarda and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Deep and textured soils facilitate plant development and confer great body and structure to the wines.
The year-long sunny and dry conditions allow almost organic viticulture practices. The outstanding feature includes a great daily thermal amplitude, with mild days and cold nights, permitting a particular richness of polifenols that improves the wines flavors and color.
A drip irrigation system has been set up to achieve a precise control of the vegetative cycle and a rational use of water. Waters are processed and used in the vineyards.

The Maipe Vineyards
Chakana sources grapes from their own four estates:

  • Agrelo

  • Acreage: 150 ha, 120 ha with vineyards
    70 ha entry level
    40 ha reserve level
    10 ha estate & ayni
    Acreage by varietal at Agrelo Estate:
    Malbec: 50 ha
    Cabernet Sauvignon: 30 ha
    Syrah: 10 ha
    Bonarda: 10 ha
    Tannat: 2,5 ha
    Petit Verdot: 2.5 ha
    Cabernet Franc: 1.5 ha
    Aspirant Bouchet: 2.5 ha
    Ancellotta: 2 ha
    Sauvignon Blanc: 4 ha
    Viognier: 2.5 ha
    Chardonnay: 2.5 ha

    Wine Profile: Medium bodied, elegant, fresher fruit. Round tannin on gravels.
    Terroir: Very heterogeneous – deep clay to sandy clay gravels; cool climate

  • Altamira I

  • Acreage: 15 ha, Malbec high density. Planted in 2010, not in production
    Wine Profile: Full bodied, impressive tannic structure and roundness, spicy and complex.
    Terroir: Sandy clay gravel, limestone; cooler climate

  • Altamira II

  • Acreage: 36 ha, 26 ha with vineyards
    20 ha malbec, estate and ayni level

    4 ha chardonnay, entry level and reserve
    2 ha pinot noir (used for sparkling wine)
    Wine Profile: Medium bodied, elegant, fresher fruit. Round tannin on gravels.
    Terroir: Very heterogeneous – deep clay to sandy clay gravels; cool climate

  • Terrada

  • Acreage: 21 ha, all in vines
    100% malbec, old vines, high density
    Reserve – Estate Selection
    Wine Profile: Complex, ripe fruit, medium bodied, elegant.
    Terroir: Sandy clay gravels, 70cm. soil depth, Some limestone; warmer climate.

    They also source wines from contract suppliers in Ugarteche and Medrano, for entry level wines, and in Vista Flores, for Estate Selection & Ayni levels.

    Customers who bought this product also purchased
    Maipe Malbec Rose 2011

    Maipe Malbec Rose 2011 is made from 100% Malbec. Manual harvest.
    35 year old vines.
    1 day maceration in temperature controlled steel vats; 10 day fermentation with selected yeasts at 14°-16°C; 
    30 days of batonage (stirring of the lees).

    Intense pink color with violet hints.
    Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish.
    Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.

    • back
    Categories








    Pricing






    Countries




    view More...











    view Less...
    Regions




    view More...












































































































































    view Less...
    Grape Types




    view More...



























































































































    view Less...
    Wineries




    view More...












































































































































































































































































































































































    view Less...
    Ratings





    Organic/Free Shipping


    Fenocchio Roero Arneis 2017


    The light hay coloring is loaded with greenish reflections. The fragrance is soft and complex, especially inviting with aromas hinting broom, chamomile and fresh fruit. The flavor is pleasantly tangy, full and very persistent.



    Area of production: Monteu Roero

    Fenocchio Roero Arneis is made from 100% Arneis
    Vineyards area: 1.2 hectares (2.98 acres)
    Exposition: Southeast
    Altimetry: Hilly zone at around 300/350 meters a.s.l
    Soil: calcareous,clay, soil of medium texture
    Age of the vineyards: 10/15 years
    Grape yield per hectare: 70 quintals
    Harvest: Mid September


    Vinification: The grapes are gently pressed and then the wine-must obtained is refrigerated in stainless steel vats to allow the lees to settle. After 24-36 hours the juice is separated from the lees and fermented at a controlled temperature. Bottling is done in sterile conditions. Aged in stainless steel tanks and matured in the bottle.
    Tasting notes: the light hay coloring is loaded with greenish reflections. The fragrance is soft and complex, especially inviting with aromas hinting broom, chamomile and fresh fruit. The flavor is pleasantly tangy, full and very persistent.


    Food Pairing: Great as an aperitif. Pairs nicely with saucy dishes white meats and grilled fish .
    Serving temperature: Recommended serving temperature is around 10 - 12 degrees Celcius (52-56 degrees Fahrenheit)
    Alcohol: Approx. 13-13,5% Vol
    Total acidity: Approx. 5.5 – 5.8 g/L