Create a New Account get a $5 credit
Toll Free: 800-417-7821

Vitas Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso 2014

ID No: 445192
Our Price: $19.99 $18.99
6 bottles with free shipping for: $108.00
12 bottles with free shipping for: $198.00
BUY MORE! SAVE MORE!
Quantity: MSRP:1+6+12+
Price: $19.99$18.99$18.00$16.50
Savings:- 5%10%17%
Free Shipping:- 222222
Country:Italy
Region:Friuli
Grape Type:Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
Winery:Vitas
Product Description

Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso: This grape was well-known in antiquity under the name of Puccinum and it was praised by the Roman writer Pliny The Elder who, in his his encyclopedia Naturalis Historia, describes its northern Adriatic origins.

Intense ruby colour with lively violet reflexes, rich and full bouquet offering a wide variety of sensations like berries and sweet spices. Full taste and great structure, marked freshness and tannic strenght.

20% of the wine is aged 12 months in small Oak barrels, the other 80% are stainless steel.

The grapes are harvested between the end of September and the beginning of October and, after destemming and crushing, fermented on their skins for some weeks at controlled temperature of 22°C. After pressing, the wine undergoes spontaneous malolactic fermentation and is then transferred to a combination of small oak barrels (20%) and stainless steel tanks (80%). After spending several months on lees, the lots are blended, the wine is bottled and laid down for some months before release.

Pairs with game, poultry, sausages, ham.

Winery: Vitas

The Vitas Estate
The winery has been in the family since 1935, for four generations. It is located in the wine-producing area of DOC Friuli Aquileia, on a clayey-marly and sandy-calcareous soil (the so-called Magredi), one of the ingredients which, together with the influence of the sea, a friendly sun, an average temperature of 14° and the absence of night frosts, create a perfect microclimate for vine-growing.

 

  • back
Categories








Pricing






Countries




view More...











view Less...
Regions




view More...












































































































































view Less...
Grape Types




view More...



























































































































view Less...
Wineries




view More...












































































































































































































































































































































































view Less...
Ratings





Organic/Free Shipping


The Bryson Barrel Select Red 2012

This limited release wine is created from the fusion of two exceptional parcels of Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. This classic blend is matured in the finest oak crafting an intriguing unison that captures the essence of the vineyard and highlights its unique varietal expression.

Vintage Overview
2012 was a very good season with predominantly mild, dry days. Yields were generally low and this did result in some excellent parcels of fruit being harvested. Vine-balance was carefully monitored, resulting in fruit that demonstrates the vibrancy and fruit-derived characters that the family strives for in its wines. By all accounts it was a textbook vintage.

Tasting Notes
Deep inky purple in color. Aromas of blackberry, mocha, mint and spices. Lush, ripe palate dominated by black fruits, cherry and chocolate. An expansive palate with black fruits and nicely balanced by oak.

Made with the greatest dedication and care, select parcels were matured in new and seasoned French and American oak for up to 20 months prior to being selected for this blend. Individual barrels from our family estate that best demonstrate the intensity of our fruit, balanced by integrated oak were selected for the final blend, which was then bottled with minimal filtration.

Pairs well with venison, ribeye steak, lam