Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle No. 25 is a blend of 55% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Noir.
Very pale gold in color with a fine and persistent sparkle and a steady stream of fine bubbles. Fresh, intense, and complex with notes of slightly candied citrus fruits, secondary aromas of pastries, toasted almonds, and subtle hints of honey and gingerbread. A fresh and delicate attack with an impression of fullness, the finish is persistent displaying Grand Siècle’s perfect balance between strength and delicacy.
No. 25 Grand Siècle pairs with the most refined dishes, particularly noble fish and seafood such as lobster.
Vintage in Champagne is usually synonymous with excellence for Prestige Cuvées. Contrarily, Laurent-Perrier has always been convinced that only the art of assemblage can offer what nature can never provide: the perfect year.
The expression of the perfect year is that of a great Champagne wine that over time has developed a depth, intensity and aromatic complexity, yet maintains its freshness and acidity. To create such a wine, Laurent-Perrier will rely on the characteristics of the great vintage years of Champagne: freshness, structure and finesse.
Grand Siècle’s assemblage is based on 3 principles that have now become immutable.
- A blend of 3 exceptional years, complementary in character.
- A blend with a majority of Chardonnay supplemented by Pinot Noir and selected among 11 of the 17 existing Grands Crus in Champagne.
- A blend benefiting from more than 10 years of ageing in the Cellars
Assemblage of vintage years
2008 (65%), 2007 (25%), 2006 (10%)
- 2008: a vintage noted for its structure with high quality Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs revealing an oustanding aromatic richness.
- 2007: a vintage noted for its freshness, the Chardonnays are complex with aromas of white fruits and citrus and the Pinots Noirs open and fruity with a dominance of yellow fruit.
- 2006: a vintage noted for its finesse with rich, complex Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs with red fruit aromas.
- Grape varieties: Chardonnay 60%, Pinot Noir 40%.
- Crus: an assemblage from a selection of 9 of the 17 Grands Crus.
Chardonnay : Cramant, Avize, Oger, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger.
Pinot Noir : Ambonnay, Bouzy, Verzy, Tours-sur-Marne, Mailly.
- Ageing: 12 years on lees.
- Dosage: 7 grams per litre.
- Format: 75 cl Bottle.
A prestige Champagne with great density and depth, yet it remains compact and structured, with a combination of fine phenolics, acidity and extract. Lots of flavors of lemon rind, salt, mineral and honeysuckle with an attractive fresh-herb undertone. Then it turns to candied lemons with some ginger. A triumph in complexity and power. A blend of 2008, 2007 and 2006. 60% chardonnay and 40% pinot noir. 7g/L dosage. Drink or hold.
-James Suckling 99 Points